Remission

From Holly's blog - After completing radiation treatments last month I am considered in remission. I just want our kids to be as unaffected by cancer as possible so I just try to put on a smile (and my crazy big hats) and try to do everything I can for my kids, even though most days I “crash” (as Corey calls it) by the end of the day. I don’t think I will ever get past that since I enjoy helping and staying busy, but I have promised Corey to do better at learning my limits so that I can give more to my family at the end of the day (Corey now you have it in writing). I am just now getting to the place of accepting the hand that I have been dealt.

It has taken awhile to accept that this is God's path for me; and to realize, no matter what the circumstances, things do happen for a reason. I also have to give credit to our incredible support system. We have the most amazing friends and family! Our parents have been essential. Our friends and church family have been incredible as well in so many ways. They have helped us with prayers and so much needed moral support; and bringing us food which has been so appreciated especially when Corey is busy and I am exhausted it is just the best thing!

As for the fun stuff we love the outdoors and camping (hence the tee pee in our back yard) and playing board games with the kids (involving a 4 year old in Scrabble is a challenge, but fun). Our kids are involved in 4-H, Sports, Camps and, of course, so are we. Corey and I volunteer with our daughters schools, church, Red Cross, and at Camp Tecumseh. We know that without volunteers our community would not have nearly as many opportunities as it does.

I have not been working outside my home because of the treatments and my Fibromyalgia. I was recently also diagnosed with Myofascial pain syndrome. The Doctor's have told me that I am in the high risk category for the cancer coming back and with not feeling great, going back to work at a traditional job is just not a good option right now. May God Bless you and your families, I look forward to meeting everyone that God puts in our paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment