First Snow 2015

I am enjoying the falling snow, since I don't have to go out. I spend most of my days in bed facing the windowed door to the balcony. I have always enjoyed the view of my flowers when it is warm and snow in the winter. Most of all I enjoyed watching the birds. I have neglected them the past 8 months. It's been a bad spell since May. Not sure what happened. I remember there was "another snowfall" of some environmental toxin. Everything was covered in a yellow powdered. I heard there have been careless cropped dusters. Not sure what it was. It burned my skin so I wore gloves to clean up what I could...not thinking about breathing it in.

Anyway, I starting having difficulty breathing. Just added one more thing to all the pain and fatigue I was already dealing with. I am use to bad spells. Needless to say the little I was able to do got neglected. The flowers became overgrown with weeds...still enjoyed looked at the weeds...they were green anyway. I didn't fill my bird feeders, not only from fatigue, but my car died in June and wasn't able to get to the store very often to buy seed. It is all I can do to get food for myself. My car is still in the shop, trying to figure out what is wrong with my Nissan. I have heard they can be difficult to diagnose.

In November, I finally went to a new doctor. He sent me to a pulmonary doctor. She questioned Pulmonary Hypertension, with all the autoimmune issues I have. The ANA and Sed rate came back positive and she wants me to see a Rheumatologist. I am not interested in immune suppressants unless it seriously affects my lungs. So far I am on the border of acceptable. She did put me back on an inhaler. The problem is I can't open my mouth enough to get the medication to my lungs. 

I also had a sleep study. Apparently I have severe sleep apena with central sleep apena. Central sleep apnea occurs because your brain doesn't send proper signals to the muscles that control your breathing. This condition is different from obstructive sleep apnea, in which you can't breathe normally because of upper airway obstruction. It is part of the autonomic nervous system. I have been diagnosed with autonomic nervous system dysfunction so it is possible there is a connection. I have started using a Cpap. It does seem to be helping. Hopefully things can start turning for the better.

I really should get out and feed the birds. I just saw a Cardinal looking for seed.
They are so pretty against the white snow.
Times like this I don't mind not having a car. Wouldn't look forward to shoveling out my car.

My CPAP
The ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet APAP is an auto Adjusting CPAP. An APAP is designed to deliver your ideal pressure, on a breath by breath basis, increasing pressure when it's too low and decreasing pressure when it's too high.

The AirSense 10 differentiates between obstructive and central apneas so that you are always receiving appropriate therapy and pressure. It features an integrated humidifier, built in wireless communications,  AutoRamp™ with sleep onset detection, quiet Easy-Breathe motor, and expiratory pressure relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment