To Be Like Chocolate

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." Psalm 34:8

I love chocolate. I wish I was more like chocolate. To be sweet, good, and have most people like you. Recently I have been making smoothies with chocolate, chia seeds, and frozen fruit. I used up all the strawberries, pineapple, peaches, and bananas. All I had was blueberries. I didn't think it would taste good with chocolate and I didn't feel up to going to the store...so I thought why not. It was a bit unusual, but I realized just about anything tastes good with chocolate.

I am not like chocolate. I use to be more like vinegar, not very tasty, but does a good job cleaning. Now I am more like stale bread. Not what you would prefer, but useable. Of course, this is looking from the world's eyes not from God's eye's. I know in God’s eyes, there is no judgment, there is only acceptance. I wrote a blog on  In God's Eye's, but sometimes it is difficult to see myself with God's eyes. The age old dilemma...love God...struggle with loving yourself, especially when you are broken.

I have a friend who is like chocolate, sweet and kind. We would chuckle at how I always wanted to be like her and she wanted to be like me. I wanted to be sweet and kind, she wanted to be strong and smart. Then we would realize we each had the gifts God intended for us to use. Each of us have been given the gifts to be used for our unique and individual God given purpose. The devil wants us to question our gifts, question our calling, question our journey.  For those who struggle also...

We need to stop listening to the lies of the devil and find contentment in the gifts we have. Most of all, we need to find contentment in our unique journey. While I struggle with pain and isolation, some people struggle with busyness and popularity. I live in poverty, while others live in luxury and struggle taking care of everything. Though we all may be very different, God loves us all the same. Whatever our struggles may be, there is contentment in God through His son Jesus. In Him anything can taste good. In Him there is hope for the journey... there is...

Sweet Contentment by Lianna Klassen

There's a place of sweet contentment, but that place is a harder journey than it seems.
And the journey is a mystery till the sight of He who lights the way for eyes to see.
Even though I am a child and I quickly lose my way.
And that place of sweet contentment grows closer everyday.

The character I am building on this journey we call life.
Is the character that gives me hope and that it will be all right.
And the hope I find in Jesus is a hope of better things.
So I will wait in sweet contentment for the next step that He brings.

In that place of sweet contentment, the Father He whispers gently in our ears.
But on the journey to contentment and through the breaking
His voice shouts loud and clear.
for the pain that I have known has brought me closer still.
To that place of sweet contentment in brokenness but then...

The character I am building on this journey we call life.
Is the character that gives me hope and that it will be all right.
And the hope I find in Jesus is a hope of better things.
So I will wait in sweet contentment for the next step that he brings.

http://www.myspace.com/liannaklassen/music/songs/sweet-contentment-77376745

1 comment:

  1. Caught myself looking for the "like" button... :D. What an inspiring message. I've lost everything I owned so many times now, and yet as I look back... it was when I was free from the trappings of "things", that I was truly free... open to accept what God wanted... willing to try new things He wanted of me, that I would not have reached for while holding onto the "stuff" we pile up around us... and yes, closer to Him.

    I like this thought of "chocolate"... who knew it was so good for us afterall... hehe. Love ya, Bren. Tks

    ReplyDelete